As a leader in rubber, MARDEC adheres to strict codes of conduct, policies, standards and the rules and regulations of the countries it operates in. The company will not tolerate any behavior it deems to be in violation of these, and will not hesitate to take the necessary action against any individual(s) found to have contravened these policies or standards, or the rules and regulations of MARDEC’s countries of operations.
Our complete management and operations policies can be viewed or downloaded below. From time to time, these policies may be updated to reflect the new business or environmental realities.
As a responsible employer, MARDEC Berhad is committed to providing a safe, fair, respectful, transparent and pleasant work environment for its employees, suppliers and customers.
Our management team will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination, whether directed at or perpetrated by our team.
All business and employment decisions at MARDEC are based on specific operational needs, job requirements, and individuals’ professional capabilities. MARDEC neither endorses nor accepts any discrimination or prejudice with regard to an individual’s race, religion, belief, national or social origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, family or parental status or family medical history.
- Disparaging, negative or suggestive comments about a person’s private life, appearance, background, race, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status, family status, or family medical history
- Any behavior by an individual that is deemed as an overstep or abuse of authority with those under the responsibility of said individual
- Sexually suggestive behavior, comments, jokes or inappropriate physical contact
- Displaying offensive screen savers, photos, calendars or objects
- Repeated unwanted social invitations or proposals for intimacy
- Sexually explicit emails, text messages or posts on social networking sites
- Any individuals or parties found guilty of violating our Mutual Respect and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy will face punitive action. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Immediate termination of employment contract without compensation
- Immediate termination of supplier contract without compensation
- Immediate termination of customer contract (with or without full delivery of products / services)
- Filing of legal charges / lawsuit
- Reporting the perpetrator to the relevant authorities
MARDEC Berhad, as a leader in rubber, is committed to providing a safe, fair, respectful, transparent and pleasant work environment for its employees, suppliers and customers.
Employees, suppliers, customers, partners, and members of the public are encouraged to raise or escalate any concerns directly to our management team. We believe that by being informed of any improper conduct, or legal / ethical violations as soon as possible, we are better able to put a stop to such behavior and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.
We appreciate all information provided to us in good faith, commit to a full and fair investigation into any matter(s) raised, and will take no retaliatory action against any informants / whistleblowers, whose identities will remain anonymous if desired (unless otherwise required by law enforcement agencies / investigators).
Individuals who wish to raise concerns / lodge reports of unethical, illegal, violent, aggressive, improper or discriminatory behaviors or actions may contact email@example.com.
Alternatively, individuals may also escalate concerns up the MARDEC chain of command. For example:
- An executive may raise concerns about his/her manager’s behavior to the relevant Head of Department, who is required to immediately notify senior management and conduct an investigation into the matter.
- A downstream client may raise concerns about his/her account servicing manager to the offending individuals’ immediate superior or to the Head of Downstream Operations directly.
MARDEC will cooperate fully with all relevant authorities and will not at any point attempt to protect those that have been found to have violated our principles and policies, or the rules and regulations set by the authorities or government in the communities in which we operate.
MARDEC Berhad shall have Total Customer Satisfaction on our quality, quantity, delivery and service at all times, with zero bona fide claims, rejections or complaints.
As a leader in rubber, we are committed to meeting the Quality Management System MS ISO 9001:2008 Standard and our customers’ expectations, and will continuously improve our product quality and manufacturing processes to better serve all our customers.
Our quality objectives and sub-objectives are as below:
Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS): Fulfilling customers’ requirements and expectations with our products, services and solutions.
Customers: Those who receive our products, services or solutions, both internally and externally.
The above policy is achieved through:
- Implementation of Kumpulan Kualiti MARDEC (KKM);
- Implementation of MARDEC Quality Management (MQM).
This is our company’s version of Total Quality Management (TQM);
- Continuous education and training of all company employees.
To further strengthen our commitment to quality, we have also adopted the following philosophies as our guiding principles:
“Quality is in-built in the process and not by inspection”;
“Next processors are our customers”;
“Market-in Concept” – customer’s requirements are the prime concern, and all products, services and solutions are developed to address their needs.
This policy will be reviewed annually and communicated to all levels of MARDEC Berhad. MARDEC Berhad holds all employees responsible for the collective delivery of Total Customer Satisfaction.
At MARDEC Berhad, we understand that our continued long-term success depends upon protecting our workers, community and ecosystem.
As a leader in rubber, we are committed to sustainable economic development, the protection of the environment, and ensuring safe and healthy working conditions wherever we operate by:
- Conforming to national and local environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, and other standards and requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Establishing environmental, health, and safety management systems based on recognized standards and predetermined company-wide goals and objectives that seek to continually improve performance, reduce our ecological footprint, and increase the sustainability of our materials, operations, and products.
- Minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment through:
- The prevention of air, water, soil pollution and greenhouse gas emissions;
- Reusing and recycling materials; and
- Continued conservation of energy and natural resources.
- Striving for zero fire, injury and environmental damage.
- Continually improving our EHSS management systems through regular audits and management reviews.
- Promoting EHSS awareness among employees through training programs and regular communication, and encouraging the sharing of ideas for protecting the environment and creating a safe and healthy workplace.
- Reinforcing a work culture that emphasizes sustainability, safety, health and the environment.
All employees and stakeholders of MARDEC Berhad are responsible for fulfilling and sustaining this policy.